[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Bottrill" <david at bottrill dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Gigabit Throughput
 Date:  Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:48:42 +0100 (BST)
I have a requirement to firewall at approaching Gigabit speeds, this will
be without NAT, a very small number of firewall rules and no VPNs. I would
normally do this with High-End Nokia hardware and Checkpoint Firewall-1
however providing I can find a suitable motherboard to run this on I know
M0n0wall will provide a far more cost effective solution.

Has anybody used M0n0wall at this level? can anyone recommend suitable
hardware i.e. a motherboard with dual PCI channels one for each GBit NIC
etc.

TIA

David

--