[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonas Claesson <jonas dot claesson at home dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Can't connect to PPTP from WAN.
 Date:  Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:22:37 +0200
All help appreciated!

See ansers below........

Claude Morin wrote:
> I'm not really competent to wade through the log without spending a bunch of
> time doing additional reading. Just in case it helps, perhaps you could
> answer a few questions:
>
>    - What exactly happens after you see the user authentication
>    diagnostic? For example, does the WXP client think the connection is live

>    for any length of time at all?
It waits for 20-30 seconds and then spits out an errormessage (errorcode
619)
>     - Are you using the PPTP service built into the m0n0wall or
>    redirecting from the m0n0wall to some other PPTP server?
The builtin PPTP server.
>    - Do you have a username and password (and possibly a user-specific IP
>    address) defined or are you using RADIUS authentication?
Username/password configured using the WebGUI. But I can use whatever
username/password I wish and it acts in the same way.
>     - What PPTP server address have you defined?
192.168.250.220
>    - What remote address range have you defined?
192.168.250.224/28.
>    - What IP addresses are you using internally (on the LAN)?
192.168.250.0/24
>     - Are you requiring 128-bit encryption on either side or both sides?
Tried both with and without 128-bit on the serverside.