[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Using m0n0 with an external dsl router
 Date:  Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:01:55 -0400
Jared,

192.168.1.1 is the default IP address of many home broadband routers (linksys, etc). From seeing
buttloads of commercial networks I see a lot of 2,5,10,100 as well. The reason I say to stay away
from these is simply for future growth of your own network. More than likely you will not see any
problems at all if you use 192.168.1.1 but if you ever decide to create a VPN to your buddy or
office that is using 192.168.1.1 you will run into some significant problems.

So, in summary, try to be unique :)

Regards,
Josh Simoneau
Senior Basket Weaver & Taco Engineer