[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0 IP vs. NAT IP
 Date:  Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:09:37 -0400
Daniel L. Hunter wrote:
> Here's where I'm really confused.  In the log files, it shows that
the
> firewall allowed the telnet traffic to pass into the network.  But I
> can't initiate a telnet session from outside.  I can, however, from
> inside.  Also, nothing is getting logged when I attempt an http
> request.  I've done this by trying to telnet to port 80 as well as
> using a web browser (http://www.techmethods.com/images/image4.gif).
>
> So I'm lost.  I checked with the ISP and they're not blocking any of
> the traffic.  I can ping the router from outside the network and at
> least some of the traffic is being logged.  I've tried this
> configuration with Proxy ARP both on and off using the WAN ip
address
> but neither worked. Any help you could provide would be much
> appreciated.

Your screen shots look fine...

How are you testing this "from the outside"? Are you trying to reach
the Public IP from the LAN side?

Known Issue: http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-lannat.html

It is not possible to access NATed services using the public (WAN) IP
address from within LAN (or an optional network).

Try to connect from a laptop with a dialup connection...

James W. McKeand