[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jens Wellhausen <jw at ib dash wellhausen dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal and WRT54G
 Date:  Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:30:05 +0200
Hi there,

I have installed m0n0wall 1.2b8 on a wrap box, configured the captive
portal for radius authentication and everything worked very fine when I
had an D-Link 2000AP+ accesspoint attached to the m0n0wall.

Now I would like to use a Linksys WRT54G as accesspoint (with sveasoft
alchemy firmware), because it would be nice to extend the wireless range
using WDS. Unfortunately, the authentication does not work anymore,
because the IP and MAC address of the accesspoint are authenticated, and
not the client...

As I have read before, it is not possible to use an IP routed network
behind the captiveportal, but how can I disable the router in the WRT54G
in that way that it acts like a simple accesspoint? Using WDS later
should not be any problem because it is a MAC-layer protocol, am I right
here?

Thanks a lot for any answer,
Jens