[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0 IP vs. NAT IP
 Date:  Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:23:00 -0400
Daniel L. Hunter wrote:
> No...I'm using RealVNC to access a server outside of the network and
> then from there trying to Telnet/SSH/HTTP back into the network.  So
> that's not the issue.  Thanks for the input though.

I would almost say to go back to "Factory Defaults" and start over.
Once you have WAN and LAN reconfigured. Add the Inbound NAT mapping
for telnet and test it. Then do HTTP.

You should only need Proxy ARP if you need ARP replies from other than
WAN IP (1:1, Advanced Outbound, or Server NAT) - so you don't need to
enable it.

Have you tried to setup anything else? VPN? Captive Portal? I remember
someone posting that they had started to setup OpenVPN then disabled
it and it caused all kinds of problems.

James W. McKeand