[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christian H Borrman" <chb at orange dot net>
 To:  <jw at ib dash wellhausen dot de>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal and WRT54G
 Date:  Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:58:55 +0100
Hi,

This set-up (WDS with Sveasoft, and other firmwares) Works in 1.2b7, but not
in 1.2b8 or 1.2b9, for some unknown reason, we get the same issues with the
latest two m0n0wall Beta.

The only linksys firmware you may like to try is the portless networks one,
as I read somewhere that it is the only firmware to do a true wireless to
LAN bridge, however, WDS on this firmware is done via Shell and then
committing to NVRAM if you want WDS to work after a reboot, however this
means if you want to later add other WDS clients after commit to NVRAM on
the original ones, you will have to flash all linksys routers and start from
scratch again.

However, given that this works on 1.2b7, you may wish to just use this
firmware.

Christian