[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Josh Simoneau <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Dual WAN Ports
 Date:  Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:16:06 -0400
On 6/24/05, Josh Simoneau <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com> wrote:
> Any word on having two WAN ports without using any sort of load
> balancing or fail over? Or is the two WANs the problem and the
> failover/loadbalancing the easy part.

The version of ipfilter currently used doesn't support rules that
would route packets out anything other than the default gateway, and
FreeBSD can only have one default gateway.  It's technically
impossible with the software currently used.

If we move to IPF 4.x or PF for the next release (to be discussed
after 1.2 is done), this becomes feasible (technically, at least).

-Chris