[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  aanev at freemail dot com dot mk
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Magic Shaper not share evenly
 Date:  Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:31:05 +0500
I suppose the easiest way to explain is by way of examples:

For example if you have 3 queues
queue : weight
q1        :  80
q2        : 30
q3        : 40

If there is traffic in q1 and q3 then:
     q1 will get 80/120 (ie 66.66%) of the available bandwidth,
     q3 will get 40/120  of the available bandwidth.

If there is traffic in all 3 queues then:
     q1 will get 80/150 (53.33%)  of the available bandwidth,
    q2 will get 30/150   of the available bandwidth,
    q3 will get 40/150   of the available bandwidth.

So I would suggest setting up a queue for each of the 10 users - that
should help share the traffic evenly.

sai