[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Mee <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.2b7 slow wireless?
 Date:  Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:33:16 -0700
We've been using the (now older) 1.2b7 version of m0n0wall that includes
Atheros wireless support on some of our wireless routers that act as
relays. However, we see reduced throughput (~500k) on an 802.11b Prism
card which returns to normal with m0n0wall 1.11 (~1.5Mbps). This has
happened on two (out of four) WRAP boards so far, and not on the single
Soekris board we've tried (could be coincidence).

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?  Or strategies
for debugging?

Unfortunately we need the Atheros support for the 802.11a backhaul so we
can't use the older/newer m0n0wall versions and would really prefer not
to go back to www.nycwireless.net/pebble if we can avoid it!

thx, michael
www.socalfreenet.org