[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo dot com>
 To:  "Norman H. Azadian" <norman at azadian dot ch>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP heat dc++
 Date:  Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Norman H. Azadian" <norman at azadian dot ch> wrote:

> Yesterday it got nice and warm up here in the attic where my WRAP-1D
> firewall (v1.11) runs with the cover off.  All day my dc++
> connections were
> going up and down like a yo-yo.

My WRAP firewall got very unstable a few months ago.  It would do the
oddest things.  For example, it would crash when I logged into the
management interface with a browser.  Ultimately I found it's 9V power
supply was weak.  I replaced it with an adjustable supply set to 6.5V
and it has been solid ever since.  I think your supply (9V @ 0.5A) may
be a little weak.  My supply can source 1.2A.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com