[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Cvetomir Conev <cvetomirconev at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WebGUI, DNS blocking on selected interfaces
 Date:  Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:44:34 +0300
Hi,

I'm using m0n0wall 1.1 and I'm very impressed to say the least. But I
have a strange problem.
My configuration is as follows:

1 WAN Interface -> DSL modem
1 LAN Interface -> Local users (me only at the time)
1 Optional Interface -> Used to accept PPTP connections from 2 of my
friends over a LAN that spans my city.

I've setup everything and it works like a charm. But I want to close
the ports (HTTP, DNS, etc.) of my m0n0wall on the optional interface,
because it's sorts of public network. First I thought that they will
be closed by default, but they weren't. I've tried to set up explicit
rules on the optional interface to block them, but with no success.

I come from the Linux world and I don't know FreeBSD's filtering
system well. That just adds up to my confusion.

Thank you in advance.
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.