[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Cvetomir Conev <cvetomirconev at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WebGUI, DNS blocking on selected interfaces
 Date:  Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:14:10 +0300
> Sounds like you have a permit any to any rule on the OPT interface.
> The reason the block rules didn't do anything is probably because they
> came after (below) the permit rule.  Move them above, or change the
> default any to any rule, and things will work.
>
> -Chris

No, there are no rules attached to the Optional interface. The fact
that PPTP worked without them was the reason for me to do further
investigation in the first place.

I examined the output from executing "ipfstat -nfo":

@3 pass out quick on dc0 from 10.1.180.0/25 to 10.0.0.0/8
@4 pass out quick on dc0 from 10.0.0.0/8 to 10.1.180.0/25
@6 pass in quick on dc0 from 10.1.180.0/25 to 10.0.0.0/8
@7 pass in quick on dc0 from 10.0.0.0/8 to 10.1.180.0/25
..

dc0 is the optional interface and 10.0.0.0/8 catches the networks
included in the city lan. I've set a static route to them and that
probably added those rules.

I removed the static route and the firewall entries were indeed
removed too. I guess I'm in trouble.

I'm confused, is that a bug or a feature?

--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.