[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Dugas" <paul at dugas dot cc>
 Subject:  Contivity 100
 Date:  Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:15:58 -0400 (EDT)
Got one of these lying around gathering dust.  Seems that there have been
efforts in the past to get these up and running m0n0; found some postings
from 2003 about N0rwall.  Anybody out there doing this more recently?
Willing to share some guidance?  I'd like to get some kind of positive
feedback before I go out and buy even a stick of RAM for this old clunker.

It appears to be an x86 with a VIA chipset.  It's got a WAN port, a LAN
interface on a 7-port switch, an addon Netgear 3rd Ethernet interface, and
a 8MB CF card.  From some reading I've found that the single PC100 RAM
slot (empty now) can be used to augment the 12MB of onboard RAM.  It has a
VGA output on a header internally but no keyboard/mouse ports.  It does
have a serial port though.

Seems like I may be abale to get it running if I:
  - add a 64MB RAM stick
  - Use the generic PC image modified to use a serial console

I think I'll need a larger CF card to support upgrades too, right?

Thoughts?  TIA,

Paul

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park