[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ian Pickworth <ian at pickworth dot me dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: OPT1 isnt answering... / NO Response from OPT1 ?
 Date:  Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:57:06 +0100
Paul Rae wrote:
> If the problem only happens on the OPT port, have you considered that the port itself may be
faulty?

I have Soekris hardware so this may not be relevant, but it took me some
time to work out what was wrong with my OPT1 port.

You don't say how the OPT1 is configured. In my case, I configured it to
bridge to the LAN. Then, when I attached any network cable to it, no
lights, no connection - looked broken.

Then, I plugged a device in using a cross over cable, and as if by magic
- lights and connection appeared.

So, if you have OPT1 bridged to LAN, you might like to try a cross over
cable, or crossover plug, and see whether that solves the problem.

You will also need to add at least one rule to your firewall
configuration to allow routing from OPT1 to anywhere, if that's what you
want.

Regards
Ian