[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tanuj <tanuj at ts86 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  half-bridge transparent ADSL "mode" - problem?
 Date:  Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:04:06 +0100
I've using m0n0wall in-house for a while now.

There's a site I've been asked to do an install for, and I'm currently
looking into the best way. The plan is to use a m0n0wall unit with an
ADSL router in half-bridge or transparent mode.

For example, the D-Link DSL-300T or ADSLnation X-Modem.

At first, I thought this would be easy and "just work", but I found out
through Google that others in the past have had problems getting this to
work with m0n0wall specifically.

The mailing list posts were dated Nov. 2004, so maybe this has been
fixed permanently now?

Has it?

Is anyone else running a setup similar to this? Any advise please?

Thanks.

[half-bridge mode]:  The ADSL router basically passes on all the real
external IP details to the host (in this case m0n0wall.