[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "PF: m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at in dash genius dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRAP heat dc++
 Date:  Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:42:50 -0700
> My supply sure looks linear, so I cranked it up to +12VDC.
> Now, at 32C
> ambient temperature, the supply seems cooler to the touch,
> and the firewall
> is working without a hitch.  Maybe I won't have to spring for
> the better
> one after all.

Any electrical device has a wattage that it requires to operate.
Wattage is Volts * Amps.

As the recommended voltage goes down, the amperage goes up.  Amperage
causes excessive heat and can also fry things very quickly.

Running a device at the recommended voltage is the best way to go. It
will run cooler and more efficiently.

-Kevin