[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Carver <ccarver at pennswoods dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  port 80 redirection
 Date:  Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:39:59 -0400
Hello,

I'm having trouble achieving a somewhat odd configuration with
m0n0wall.  Hopefully someone here will be able to offer some pointers.
Let me explain.

I am using m0n0wall 1.11 on a Soekris device.  It has two interfaces,
each with a real external ip address.  For security reasons I'll call
the IP addresses 10.32.0.1/24 and 198.77.40.1/24 but keep in mind
they're REAL ip addresses on different subnets.  When one of our users
dials up and authenticates they will get the Soekris as their gateway
and they will be assigned an ip address in the 10.32.0.1/24 block.  Keep
in mind these are all real external ip addresses.  Here's the tricky
part we are trying to get m0n0wall to do.  When a user tries to access a
remote host on port 80 we want the traffic to be routed to a different
host.  All other traffic will pass normally.  The remote host's replies
should be received by the client properly and not even pass through the
soekris because of the client's real ip address.

Any idea how we can achieve this configuration?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Chris Carver
Pennswood.Net
Network Engineer