[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "av2000 at gmail dot com" <av2000 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NT Domain, NetBIOS, LAN
 Date:  Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:26:01 -0500
Hello,

I use the m0n0 wall to physically separate a few servers from the
rest. All servers are in one domain.

I use 1:1 NAT and proxy arp to talk to the "separated servers" (on the
LAN port of m0n0 wall) from the other servers.

After moving the servers behind the m0n0 wall, they stop being able to
communicate with the NT Domain controllers (which are on the WAN
port).

NT Domain Controller <-> WAN of m0n0 <-> LAN of m0n0

To test the problem, we allowed all traffic from WAN to LAN.

It looks like the NetBIOS broadcast packets are not getting through
from LAN to WAN. So browsing by name is not working either.

How to enable NetBIOIS broadcasts with 1:1 NAT and how to fix the
domain communication?

Thanks!
Arsen