[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "S. Klapprott" <sascha dot klapprott at freenet dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] Re: OPT1 isnt answering... / NO Response from OPT1 ?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:05:49 +0200
Don't know, thats why i asked my question.

But the Problem only occurs after  some hours - not direct after I connect
the lan cable. I don't think that the oport may have a fault.

How could I locate the problem ?

Greets,

Sascha

Paul Rae wrote:
> If the problem only happens on the OPT port, have you considered that the
port itself may be faulty?

I have Soekris hardware so this may not be relevant, but it took me some
time to work out what was wrong with my OPT1 port.

You don't say how the OPT1 is configured. In my case, I configured it to
bridge to the LAN. Then, when I attached any network cable to it, no
lights, no connection - looked broken.

Then, I plugged a device in using a cross over cable, and as if by magic
- lights and connection appeared.

So, if you have OPT1 bridged to LAN, you might like to try a cross over
cable, or crossover plug, and see whether that solves the problem.

You will also need to add at least one rule to your firewall
configuration to allow routing from OPT1 to anywhere, if that's what you
want.

Regards
Ian