[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  "S. Klapprott" <sascha dot klapprott at freenet dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help to get this route to work ?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:18:22 +0200
Hi Sascha!

Am Dienstag, den 28.06.2005, 09:15 +0200 schrieb S. Klapprott:
> I've done the outbound nat like the tut said:
> http://home.arcor.de/sashxp/etc/m0n0.GIF
>
> I've also add an alias ( 192.168.178.2 ) - but if I try to ping
> 192.168.178.1 from my m0n0 it says "no route to host" what route should I
> create ?

Although I don't understand really where the the problem is, I'll try to
help. Please answer some questions for me:

     1. IP address/mask of your modem (192.168.178.1/24? Have checked
        this? How?)
     2. Physical IP address/mask of your external interface? Obtained IP
        address/mask statically, by DHCP or by PPPoE?
     3. Alias IP address/mask of your external interface
        (192.168.178.2/24? Have checked this? How?)
     4. Disabled "Block private networks" on WAN interface page?
     5. routing table, see below

If you've assigned an IP address (physical or as an alias) to one of
your interfaces, the route to the specified net (by assigning an address
mask) will be automatically added. There is no need to enter a route to
a host/net within the net your interface lies in.

As a consequence, I'm interested in the routing table of your m0n0.
Please go to http(s)://<m0n0-ip>/exec.php and type in "netstat -rn".
Please post the result to this list. An output of
http(s)://<m0n0-ip>/status.php would be very nice, too (it also includes
the routing table). Please make sure to remove any sensitive information
(especially passwords) before posting it to the list.

You are also welcomed to contact me directly (in german, if you prefer).

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     I am NOT a kludge! I am a computer!  -- tts
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0