[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Contivity 100
 Date:  Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:16:07 -0400
Paul Dugas wrote:
> On Mon, June 27, 2005 10:04 am, James W. McKeand said:
>> Don't forget about the Watchdog - I don't know if this would still
be
>> an issue. I personally don't like to clip wires/traces on
>> motherboards...
>
> I found a posting on BSDForums discussion the "NOrwall Project",
m0n0
> on the Nortel Contivity 100.  It mentioned but provided no details
on
> the watchdog circuit.  Same for attaching a VGA head.  Do you have
> any docs in this area?
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul

One of the posts (I think same post on BSDForums and M0n0wall list)
mentioned cutting the soldered jumper J14. This would make me nervous
- and cause profuse sweating until it booted after cutting...

The posting mentioned near the end that the VGA head is not necessary
as the Serial port does a console redirect (9600, 8N1). The issue
would be to get a m0n0wall generic PC image with serial console -
check Chris Buechler's site http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=19.

I do not have one of these to play with, wish I did. I just wanted to
point out that the Watchdog may cause a problem. Good luck.

James W. McKeand