[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Dugas" <paul at dugas dot cc>
 Subject:  Generic PC Image with Serial Console
 Date:  Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:56:09 -0400 (EDT)
I'm trying to use the generic-pc image 1.2b7 with serial console from
Chris's website on an old Contivity 100 box.  I'm curious as to when I
should expect to see anything on the serial port.  I'm seeing nothing but
I believe the RAM I have added to the machine is either too small or
otherwise "bad" in some way.  I expected to see the kernel bot message on
the serial console.  Am I expecting too much?

Paul

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park