[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  "S. Klapprott" <sascha dot klapprott at freenet dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: AW: [m0n0wall] Help to get this route to work ?
 Date:  Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:32:09 +0200
Servus Sascha!

Am Mittwoch, den 29.06.2005, 01:32 +0200 schrieb S. Klapprott:
> 1) is right - ist the internal IP of the DSL Modem (DSL
> FRITZBOX) - the IP couldn't be changed... if I plug the dsl modem to the
> opt1 port I can connect :)
But no internet connection anymore, right? BTW, there exists a new
firmware that allows changing the IP address of the FRITZ!Box.
> 2) I'll get my external ip over ppooe
As far as I'm informed, the FRITZ!Box is a DSL-Modem/Router. So you have
two choices:

     1. Use the FRITZ!Box as Internet Router. Get the external IP
        address of your m0n0 via DHCP (or statically) from the FRITZ!Box
        (look at the manual: "3.3 FRITZ!Box für den Mehrplatzbetrieb
        einrichten"). Port Forwarding would be more difficult with this
        (but not impossible)
     2. Use the FRITZ!Box as Modem only. Get the external IP address of
        your m0n0 via PPPoE. The default of FRITZ!Box.

> 	options=40<POLLING>
> 	inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast

> 	options=40<POLLING>
> 	inet netmask 0xff000000 broadcast

> 	inet --> netmask 0xffffffff
> I have found out:
> If I type my DSL Modem isn't reacable, if I type
> my m0n0 comes up. Perhaps I've assigned 1922.168.178.2
> only to the wrong interface ?

No, that's normal. You should also be able to reach your m0n0 via the IP sis0 is external and sis1 internal, ng0 is pppoe.

The fact that the external interface is sis0 (and not ng0), as
googl3meister stated, is interesting. Maybe there has to be an
additional rule for sis0:

pass out quick on sis0 from any to any keep state

I can try this out, if you want.

Ciao ...

PS: No ICQ, but you can send me a personal email in your native
language, if you want.

 copyleft(c) by |           Problem solving under Linux has never been
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     the circus that it is under AIX.  -- Pete