[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Simone Marzona <Marzona dash ml at gnuclub dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  monowall monitoring
 Date:  Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:12:38 +0200
Hi all

I want to monitor a monowall box with mrtg and other tools.
Up to now I use snmp to get throughput of the interfaces, status, errors
and so on.
That's fine.

As a step over I would be able to monitor something like:

-number of active session
-load average
-number of packet dropped by mono's rules
-other that now I can't remember.

I don't want to use an external syslog for doing that.

It's possible? Someone could give me some hint? Someone has already done it?

In the stupid way I could use some bash and wget the status.php page and
then parse it.. but I think of this as a very very last change...

Thanks in advance.