Claude Morin wrote:
- VLANs were a misconception on my side. I wanted to have two
different IP networks on one Hardware segment. VLAN would be a good
aupport for this scenario, but it actually would work without.
I don't have reasonable switches to do that anyway - so forget about it.
Also the group has brought up the important considerations so i do not
want to do that security-wise
- I went for having ye olde fli4l box with lost config just reworked and
use m0n0 from CD/Floppy with that as broadband router to dirtLAN
- I use my wrap as an internal router w/ LAN WAN DMZ wher my DMZ is at.
- wireless wrt54G will be configured as an AP to put into the dirtLAN
- two "dumb" switches, one white (goodLAN), one black actually (really!)
(dirtLAN). Two seperate networks.
- you want to get into goodLAN? -> configure your PC the right way, plug
the right plugs or cope with VPN.
that, imho, is paranoid enough for a handful of dues, dudettes and one
geek sharing a flat.
so far it works except for me having forgotten where i put the VPN key