[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas Sprinzing <thomas at sprinzing dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Newbie help
 Date:  Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:11:34 +0200
Chris Buechler schrieb:
> On 6/29/05, henry <henry at ttcomaha dot com> wrote:
>
>>I am new to Monowall and I need help.  I have 2 physical interfaces in my box and that works fine.
 Now I need to add 3 more subnets to the LAN side of the box.  I've tried using VLANS but I can not
get it to pass traffic to or from the VLANS.  The primary subnet is 192.168.254.0/24  I need to add
172.40.25.0/24, 10.0.15.1/28 and 10.0.21.1/28.  Any insight would be helpful.

> Have a VLAN-capable switch with VLAN tagging setup?  If not, that's
> not going to work.  And there's no way (in the GUI) to add additional
> subnets on the LAN.  You need additional interfaces or a VLAN-capable
> switch.

Chris, are you celebrating Groundhog day?

Henry, have a look at my thread (VLAN woes, WRAP1E and VLAN) from the
days before. VLAN isnt what you need... It sounds like, yeah, but it isn't.

thomas