[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "av2000 at gmail dot com" <av2000 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NT Domain, NetBIOS, LAN
 Date:  Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:24:40 -0500
Hi,

We do use NetBIOS over TCP/IP. We also trying the WINs server.

It appears that the problem is caused by m0n0 wall not translating the
private IP address of the LANed servers inside of the NetBIOS packed
used to authenticate with the domain controller.

So the actual packet contains the private IP address 172.16.0.xxx
instead of the WANed IP address.

So 1:1 NAT works fine for the TCP/IP source, but it does not do the
translation inside of the datagram.

When we tried SonicWALL instead of the m0n0 wall it worked properly.
However, we are interested in using m0n0 wall and want to get it to
work in our situation.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Arsen