[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Ben Z <b underscore zarboni at rogers dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b9 Wireless lockup
 Date:  Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:31:59 -0700
On Jun 30, 2005, at 1:41 PM, Ben Z wrote:

> Hello all;
>
> I am aware that there was a patch applied in this version to help
> counter the wireless lockup problem. I am using monowall on both
> Soekris and Wrap platforms, and can reproduce the lockup
> (unfortunately) on Wrap boards (PCIMCIA Wireless cards) in AP mode.
> The problem only occurs when WEP is enabled and I do a file-
> transfer between clients associated to the AP or between a wireles
> and wired client of the AP, but does not occur when WEP is off or
> on the Soekris platform.
> Has anyone been able to find a patch that solves this problem?

How did you attach PCMCIA cards to a WRAP board?

Which cards?

Since 1.2b9 only supports 11b cards, and you're running "2" of them,
you're not going to get any real gain (assuming they both transmit).
You can't run 2 11b cards (or 11g cards, or 11a cards) in the same
band and get any kind of decent results.  The cards will interfere with
each other.

Does the problem occur with *one* card?

jim