[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  edward mzj <edward dot mzj at gmail dot com>
 To:  Christopher Tyler <ctyler at atlascomm dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with large subnet
 Date:  Sat, 2 Jul 2005 00:21:23 +0800
does both m0n0 and your core L3-switch/router have correct routing tables?

i think it has nothing to do with the up-stream router. it usually has
only one entry in its routing table for your large super-net like:
 ip route xxx.xxx.240.0/20 xxx.xxx.30.122
no isp would split so large block of addresses into small networks and
load them seperately into the routing table of the router. it's too
inefficient. and they don't care how you subneting these addresses.

ipf will process rules from top to bottom.