[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rolf Sommerhalder <rolf dot sommerhalder at alumni dot ethz dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b8 hanged: all mbufs exhausted
 Date:  Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:10:52 +0200
Thanks a lot for all replies. I have increased the number of nmbclusters
in loader.rc, as follows:

1. on generic-PC to 64 MB which has 256 MB RAM:
set kern.ipc.nmbclusters="32768"

2. on my WRAPs to 32 MB which have 128 MB RAM:
set kern.ipc.nmbclusters="16384"

Since the error had not reocurred, it looks as if they have plenty of
headroom now. Fortunately, because the systems were hanging and required
a manual reboot.

Not sure if the Watch Dog on WRAP would have caught that problem, but I
am about to get the SC1100's Watch Dog code in the kernel to work anyway :-)

Rolf