[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matchstick <matchstick at oofg dot com>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Peter_Parni=E8an?= <peter at procad dot sk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] https question
 Date:  Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:13:55 +0100
PP> Hi guys, pls. help me :) ...im trying to open
PP> https://x.x.x.x/cgi/dump.php from my php script but its drive me
PP> crazy... ...when i directly open that page mono ask me if i accept
PP> https and that ask me for a username and password... And this is
PP> what i dont know how to avoid... ...i can read content of any page
PP> if no https used.... i can switch mono to http but its not good
PP> idea for "firewall".

PP> Please help!

PP> peter

PP> PS: this is almost last step to per IP traffic acountig php script...

I just tried with my m0n0 box and using a URL with the syntax:
http(s)://<username>:<password>@x.x.x.x/cgi/dump.php seems to work fine
with both HTTP and HTTPS in Firefox.

However (I assume for anti-phishing reasons) this technique doesn't
work in IE and both Opera and Firefox pops up a dialog box starting
that You are about to login into web site "x.x.x.x" with username
"<username>" rather than taking you directly to the page which might
cause problems if you're looking to automate the process using one of
those browsers.
(Win32 v1.8.2 WGET seems to work perfectly though)

--
 Paul Browning
 matchstick at oofg dot com