[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Peter =?utf-8?B?UGFybmnEjWFu?= <peter at procad dot sk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] https question
 Date:  Mon, 4 Jul 2005 10:21:06 +0100
Hi,

> Hi guys, pls. help me :) ...im trying to open https://x.x.x.x/cgi/dump.php from my php script but
its drive me crazy... ...when i directly open that page mono ask me if i accept https and that ask
me for a username and password... And this is what i dont know how to avoid... ...i can read content
of any page if no https used.... i can switch mono to http but its not good idea for "firewall".

the answer has already been mentioned twice. with https you have a defined username and password.
you
can put these into the https:// string - unless the browser has been crippled to avoid phishing
attempts
from a command line system - eg how I would run autoget scripts from web sites, lynx is happy to
put the username and password on the get line.

eg https://username:password at m0n0wall dot address dot net/cgi/dump.php

to avoid any issues with certificate questions you either install a properly signed certificate, or
put the 'snakeoil' self sign cert into your browsers machine

alan