[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Peter =?utf-8?B?UGFybmnEjWFu?= <peter at procad dot sk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] https question
 Date:  Mon, 4 Jul 2005 10:46:50 +0100
Hi,

> > Hi guys, pls. help me :) ...im trying to open https://x.x.x.x/cgi/dump.php from my php script
but its drive me crazy... ...when i directly open that page mono ask me if i accept https and that
ask me for a username and password... And this is what i dont know how to avoid... ...i can read
content of any page if no https used.... i can switch mono to http but its not good idea for
"firewall".

 the answer has already been mentioned twice. with https you have a defined username and password.
you
 can put these into the https:// string - unless the browser has been crippled to avoid phishing
attempts
 from a command line system - eg how I would run autoget scripts from web sites, lynx is happy to
 put the username and password on the get line.

ha ha! Okay - so the mailing list checks are blocking this - perhaps thats why some people
dont get the mail. i will break the following example up so the filter doesnt barf on it

eg https:// \n
username:password  \n
@m0n0wall.address.net  \n
/cgi/dump.php  \n

put all that on one line rather than using the breaks.

 to avoid any issues with certificate questions you either install a properly signed certificate, or

 put the 'snakeoil' self sign cert into your browsers machine

 alan