[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Boardman <robertboardman at robertboardman dot plus dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Conexant Adsl Router in front of M0n0Wall
 Date:  18 Dec 2003 12:27:39 -0000
Hi

I'm trying to setup M0n0wall and I have a connexant router infront of it

this is setup in Half bridge mode ie the Fixed Ip address is passed
through to the WAN interface of monowall via DHCP, this works fine with
Windows XP and IPcop, but Monowall recieves the ip address and then cannot
get out side to the internet.

The routers internal address is 10.0.0.2

and the dhcp assigned to monowalls
ip 81.a.b.c
sn 255.255.255.0
gw 81.a.b.c

I relise that the two machine firwall and router are on different subnets,
and I have unticked the Block private networks.

I'm not at home at the moment, but I see in the logs that monowall is
trying to arp to the 81.a.b.c address and failing

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your Help

Robb