[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Boardman <robertboardman at robertboardman dot plus dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Conexant Adsl Router in front of M0n0Wall
 Date:  18 Dec 2003 18:25:48 -0000

>Hi
>
>I'm trying to setup M0n0wall and I have a connexant router infront of it
>
>this is setup in Half bridge mode ie the Fixed Ip address is passed
>through to the WAN interface of monowall via DHCP, this works fine with
>Windows XP and IPcop, but Monowall recieves the ip address and then
cannot
>get out side to the internet.
>
>The routers internal address is 10.0.0.2
>
>and the dhcp assigned to monowalls
>ip 81.a.b.c
>sn 255.255.255.0
>gw 81.a.b.c
>
>I relise that the two machine firwall and router are on different
subnets,
>and I have unticked the Block private networks.
>
>I'm not at home at the moment, but I see in the logs that monowall is
>trying to arp to the 81.a.b.c address and failing
>
>any advice would be greatly appreciated
>
>Thanks for your Help
>
>Robb

Apparently I need to change the default route as the dhcp client is arping

out to itself as per the gw settings shown above, I need to add

interface "rl0" {
supersede routers 81.a.b.1;
supersede subnet-mask 255.255.xxx.0;
}

or something to the dhcpclient config file,

Can this be done using the hard disk image?

Thanks again for your help

Robb