[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Alan Jones" <junk at alan2 dot com>, "'Johan Bergquist'" <johan dot bergquist at fredab dot se>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Loadbalancing!?!?
 Date:  Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:25:24 -0800
Different experiences - different providers I guess.

The ones I've spoken with on behalf of a few clients would not consider any
BGP service unless they were dealing with "approved" equipment or software
on our end... plus, your addresses have to be portable - right? (I'm not a
BGP expert)

As for incoming, I wouldn't call it true "load balancing", but with lbdns or
something similar, I've seen average loads within 20% of even - certainly
better than a single feed, and more reliable in case of an outtage.

Besides - the only thing separating a non-standard hack from standard
procedure in many cases is the level of adoption ;-)

m/