[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alan" <junk at alan2 dot com>
 To:  "'Thomas Paumier'" <thomas dot paumier at tiscali dot fr>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Trafic shaper seems doesn't work as expected
 Date:  Sun, 21 Dec 2003 07:34:34 -0700
I am just making a guess as to why this is not working... Monowall may work some
ftp magic behind the scenes that Im not aware of..

Only the FTP control information is passed through port 21.

All the data transfer happens on port 20 if you use active FTP, so you can try
limiting port 20..

If you use passive FTP (most FTP clients do now adays), then as far as I know,
you cannot predict what port the data connection will use, and it becomes much
more difficult to control...

-Alan