[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Voigt" <1geek at jvoigt dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Date:  Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:42:06 -0500
I've been on mailing lists almost since they existed (google for "sysbjav"
and you'll find some really old stuff), written list management software and
run plenty of lists too.  One thing I've found - if the list management
software doesn't enforce whatever policy you think you want, it just will
never happen.  People will post at the top, bottom and all through.  Some
will quote only revelant sections, others will quote the whole thread just
to add "me too" to the top.  Policy's are never read and always forgotten.
The only real solution is a moderated list and nobody usually wants that.
The only other solution is the one suggested by the original poster - get
off the list.  If you're not happy with the signal to noise ratio or
content, getting off is really your only choice.  Even multiple lists won't
fix it.

John/

John Voigt, President

Reston Wireless, LLC