[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alan Schmitz <alan at ankeny dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem with Bridging and NAT
 Date:  Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:17:02 -0600
I'm having a problem configuring m0n0wall on a Net4801.  I've got a DSL
connection with a /29 netblock.  I've configured the interfaces as:

   LAN   192.168.1.1/24
   WAN   A.B.C.D/29 (static public address)
   OPT1  Bridged to the WAN interface (renamed DMZ)

I'm using the default configuration for NAT.  I've added some rules to
allow selected traffic coming in on the WAN to a specific public
address connected to the DMZ and another rule to allow everything
coming in on the DMZ to go anywhere.  I kept the default rule for the
LAN, so everything coming in on the LAN can go anywhere.

Most things are working correctly.  The selected traffic can go from
the WAN to the DMZ, the server in the DMZ can go everywhere on the
Internet, and the workstations on the LAN can go everywhere on the
Internet.  The firewall itself can ping the server in the DMZ too.

I'm still having problems between workstations on the LAN and the
server on the DMZ.  I can't get any traffic to go between the LAN and
the server in the DMZ, even when the traffic originates on the LAN.  It
doesn't appear to be a rule problem, because I'm not showing any
entries for blocked traffic in the firewall log.

Is this type of configuration possible?  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Alan