[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Simon Dick <simond at irrelevant dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NTP
 Date:  Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:18:31 +0100
On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 11:15 +0200, Christian Rohmann wrote:
> This could as well be a  misinterpretation in this case:
>
> Almost all professional devices (aka. Cisco, Netscreen, Extreme, ...)
> offer a NTP service to the network.
> I don't think that a P2P client belongs into the m0n0wall firewall, but
> basic network services as DHCP, DNS and also NTP are very much suitable
> to be implemented in m0n0wall.

Try reading the very bottom of the page too:
"Now, about the NTP server... Rest assured that if msntp didn't have
problems with Windows XP clients, there would have been a nice little
NTP server configuration page in the webGUI, or at least a checkbox on
the general setup page (with default to off of course), since pb15. But
I don't like stuff that works only half of the time, so that's why it
hasn't happened yet."

--
Simon Dick <simond at irrelevant dot org>