[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas Sprinzing <thomas at sprinzing dot org>
 To:  Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN Client Recommendations
 Date:  Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:46:35 +0200
Ed Lentz schrieb:
> Angus
> Tried the \\ipaddress that gets a can't be found as well.  And there
> is a Net Use command in Win98se, but I think it is broken cause no
> matter what I do it fails as well.

can you ping the server?

what does "route print" look like on the vpn client, after you open the
vpn connection?

what does it look like on the server?

--> \\IP.ADDR.GOES.HERE should normally work, if you have basic IP
connectivity in BOTH directions!

you can change the routes on windows boxes with

route add 129.168.5.0 mask 255.255.255.0 my.own.ip.addr

to make self the router. (adjust your ip addresses. do not use 127.0.0.1
as gateway, it won't work. Make sure, the Network and Mask go together)

Your mileage may vary.

cheers

thomas