[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VPN Client Recommendations
 Date:  Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:53:19 -0400
Ed,

This sounds like it might be a VPN problem more than anything else. Lets
start with the most basic question, can you ping this host from the
client computer?

Are you using PPTP vpn? I have setup a number of Win98SE computers with
m0n0wall's PPTP server and it seems to work okay. There are some useful
walkthroughs online for setting up Win98 with PPTP vpn, which in most
cases requires a download of some sort of patch or update from Microsoft
(sorry I don't have more information, but it should be very easy to
find).

Regards,
Josh Simoneau

Josh Simoneau