[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 
 From:  Christophe De Coninck <god8y at rds dash clan dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPoE and LCP problems
 Date:  Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:38:23 +0200
> Hey, 
> I got a question about the LCP packets that the monowall dist sents
> when you use PPoE for dialing in on an adsl line.
> Is there a possiblity to turn it off or something similar because my
> ISP doesn't reply on LCP packets and this is causing monowall to
> continuesly drop my connection and keeps dialing back in and out.
> this is a piece of the log file of what happens when I don't get a
> connection to the internet (or the speed comes down to 0kB/s)
> 
> Jul  6 15:22:00 captiveportal dnsmasq[23333]: reading
> /var/db/dhcpd.leases
> Jul  6 15:22:06 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] PPPoE connection timeout
> after 9 seconds
> Jul  6 15:22:06 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: DOWN event in state
> OPENING
> Jul  6 15:22:06 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:06 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] link: DOWN event
> Jul  6 15:22:06 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: Down event
> Jul  6 15:22:06 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: OPEN event in state
> DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:06 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] pausing 4 seconds before
> open
> Jul  6 15:22:06 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:10 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: OPEN event in state
> DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:10 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] pausing 2 seconds before
> open
> Jul  6 15:22:10 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:12 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: OPEN event in state
> DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:12 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state
> OPENING
> Jul  6 15:22:21 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] PPPoE connection timeout
> after 9 seconds
> Jul  6 15:22:21 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: DOWN event in state
> OPENING
> Jul  6 15:22:21 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:21 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] link: DOWN event
> Jul  6 15:22:21 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: Down event
> Jul  6 15:22:21 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: OPEN event in state
> DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:21 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] pausing 4 seconds before
> open
> Jul  6 15:22:21 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:25 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: OPEN event in state
> DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:25 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] pausing 1 seconds before
> open
> Jul  6 15:22:25 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: OPEN event in state
> DOWN
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state
> OPENING
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] rec'd ACNAME "dr1.bebru1"
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] rec'd proto LCP while dead
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] PPPoE connection successful
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device: UP event in state
> OPENING
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] device is now in state UP
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] link: UP event
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] link: origination is local
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: Up event
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: state change Starting
> --> Req-Sent
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: phase shift DEAD -->
> ESTABLISH
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: SendConfigReq #12
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd:  MRU 1492
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd:  MAGICNUM 276332b8
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: rec'd Configure Ack
> #12 link 0 (Req-Sent)
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd:  MRU 1492
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd:  MAGICNUM 276332b8
> Jul  6 15:22:26 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: state change Req-Sent
> --> Ack-Rcvd
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: rec'd Configure
> Request #2 link 0 (Ack-Rcvd)
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  MRU 1492
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  AUTHPROTO PAP
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  MAGICNUM d84048b7
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: SendConfigAck #2
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  MRU 1492
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  AUTHPROTO PAP
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  MAGICNUM d84048b7
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: state change Ack-Rcvd
> --> Opened
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: phase shift ESTABLISH
> --> AUTHENTICATE
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: auth: peer wants PAP,
> I want nothing
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] PAP: using authname
> "rdsl0126"
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] PAP: sending REQUEST
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: LayerUp
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] PAP: rec'd ACK #1
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: authorization
> successful
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] LCP: phase shift
> AUTHENTICATE --> NETWORK
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] setting interface ng0 MTU
> to 1492 bytes
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] up: 1 link, total bandwidth
> 64000 bps
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: Up event
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: state change Starting
> --> Req-Sent
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: SendConfigReq #29
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  IPADDR 0.0.0.0
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  COMPPROTO VJCOMP, 16 comp.
> channels, no comp-cid
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  PRIDNS 0.0.0.0
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  SECDNS 0.0.0.0
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: rec'd Configure
> Request #1 link 0 (Req-Sent)
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  IPADDR 193.27.64.78
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:    193.27.64.78 is OK
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: SendConfigAck #1
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  IPADDR 193.27.64.78
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: state change Req-Sent
> --> Ack-Sent
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: rec'd Configure
> Reject #29 link 0 (Ack-Sent)
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  COMPPROTO VJCOMP, 16 comp.
> channels, no comp-cid
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: SendConfigReq #30
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  IPADDR 0.0.0.0
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  PRIDNS 0.0.0.0
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  SECDNS 0.0.0.0
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: rec'd Configure Nak
> #30 link 0 (Ack-Sent)
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  IPADDR 83.217.93.126
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:    83.217.93.126 is OK
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  PRIDNS 217.22.57.155
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  SECDNS 217.22.57.129
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: SendConfigReq #31
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  IPADDR 83.217.93.126
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  PRIDNS 217.22.57.155
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  SECDNS 217.22.57.129
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: rec'd Configure Ack
> #31 link 0 (Ack-Sent)
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  IPADDR 83.217.93.126
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  PRIDNS 217.22.57.155
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:  SECDNS 217.22.57.129
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: state change Ack-Sent
> --> Opened
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IPCP: LayerUp
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd:   83.217.93.126 -> 193.27.64.78
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IFACE: Up event
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] setting interface ng0 MTU
> to 1492 bytes
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] exec: /sbin/ifconfig ng0
> 83.217.93.126 193.27.64.78 netmask 0xffffffff -lin k0
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] exec: /sbin/route add
> 83.217.93.126 -iface lo0
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] exec: /sbin/route add
> 0.0.0.0 193.27.64.78
> Jul  6 15:22:28 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] exec:
> /usr/local/sbin/ppp-linkup ng0 inet 83.217.93.126 193.27.64.78 rdsl01
> 26 dns1 217.22.57.155 dns2 217.22.57.129
> Jul  6 15:22:29 captiveportal mpd: [pppoe] IFACE: Up event
> 
> kind regards
> 

-- 

Christophe De Coninck | Zarek K   

http://www.zarekk.be
mailto: info at zarekk dot be mailto: god8y at rds dash clan dot be