[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  James Sheridan <stuff at phosphor dash ink dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NTP
 Date:  Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:32:29 -0400
Jonny Lindholm wrote:
> On 7/6/05, Simon Dick <simond at irrelevant dot org> wrote:
>
>>Try reading the very bottom of the page too:
>>"Now, about the NTP server... Rest assured that if msntp didn't have
>>problems with Windows XP clients, there would have been a nice little
>>NTP server configuration page in the webGUI, or at least a checkbox on
>>the general setup page (with default to off of course), since pb15. But
>>I don't like stuff that works only half of the time, so that's why it
>>hasn't happened yet."
>
> I use AboutTime on my XP clients for time synchronization. I don't
> think there would be any troubles if a NTP server was included in
> m0n0wall.

To my mind, it makes no sense to require users (not always the brightest
bunch) to install third-party software to support a "feature" of an
appliance they need have no knowledge of in the first place.

If there is no easy way (right now) to add NTP support in a way that
works for (mostly) everyone then I'd agree with leaving it out.

--
James