[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  German dot Martin at RSES dot rohde dash schwarz dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Using LAN DHCP to assign IP addresses in VPN
 Date:  Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:53:41 +0200
Hello,

I have a m0n0 running PPTP service to allow external users to connect to
the LAN, the IP range for VPN is inside LAN network range so internal
users can ping external ones. The problem is that external users cannot be
contacted by host name but only by their IP.

We have a Windows 2003 server running DNS and DHCP. If I could, someway,
get the IP addresses for the VPN clients from the internal DHCP a DNS
entry would be created and my problem would be solved.

Then my question is if there is (or will be in a future) any chance to get
the IP address of the VPN clients in m0n0 from the internal DHCP.

Regards,