[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonas Claesson <jonas dot claesson at home dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: PPTP with NATed clients - Anyone that got it working? - Continued
 Date:  Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:30:41 +0200
....story continues....

Is there any difference in the way FreeBSD and Linux (2.4 kernel)
handles PPTP/NAT?

Scenario:

- Client: WinXP

- "Local"-Firewall: E-Smith (running modified RedHat)

- PPTP server 1: E-Smith
- PPTP server 2: Linksys WRT54G running Sveasoft firmware (Linux)
- PPTP server 3/4: Monowall 1.2b9

I can connect to both PPTP server 1 & 2 without any issues. Whenever I
try to connect to a PPTP server running on Monowall my local firewall
drops all GRE packets from Monowall....why?

For a brief moment today I messed up my local firewall (blocking all
external access to services) and during that time I were able to connect
to the Monowall PPTP server.

Argh!!!...I wish knew what were wrong!

/jonas