[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christophe De Coninck <god8y at rds dash clan dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPoE and LCP problems
 Date:  Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:07:18 +0200
> There seems to be a problem with your email program - there are two
> copies on the list.  One is more than enough unless you have more
> information to add.
>
> Also, a very bad idea to send in your IP and login details - you
> should ***** them out before sending to public mailing list (because
> we do not know how many hax0rs read this list, and people having
> trouble often revert to "allow all from any to any" for testing which
> will let the hax0rs in).
>
> To your query: Does it work using other devices/applications in place
> of m0n0? ie: have you had it working with another device previously?
> What makes you think that it is LCP causing the problem (I believe my
> ISP doesn't respond to LCP either, but m0n0 works flawlessly here).
>
> What (if any) other changes to your system did you make between
> removing the device that worked and replacing it with m0n0?
>
> Sorry, but the log entry you sent in just showed the connection
> dropped and what appeared to be a successful reconnect - we could not
> see what happened before the connection dropped, nor what happened
> afterwards.
>
> --cheers
> gm

Hey,
there was a small problem with the emailprovider so I'm sorry for having
it posted twice, I did forgot to put *** on the ip though.
well I've tried with just putting my laptop behind my modem and using
the PPoE software in XP and it starts fine and has the full speed
continuesly, and when I connect the m0n0wall box on it then the
connection always drops speed or just resets. I'm not sure weither
windows sends LCP packets or not, but I have had the problem always when
I checked the log and it told me something about LCP so I suspect it has
something to do with it.

I also made my provider check the quality of the link and they say there
is nothing wrong it either.

greetz

--

Christophe De Coninck | Zarek K

http://www.zarekk.be
mailto: info at zarekk dot be mailto: god8y at rds dash clan dot be