[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] P2P apps port scanning
 Date:  Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:36:57 -0400
> Hi, i'm planning use m0n0 as a firewall over my MAN with 150 usr (for now, later like 1000) but
still can't block traffic from Kazaa because the port scanning. I'm only open a few ports (80, 21,
443, and a couple more), but in my labs test the Kazaa is always connecting for some other port,
like 80...

m0n0wall does not do application-layer filtering, so this isn't
possible with applications like this that jump ports.

-Chris