[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Andy Choi <andy dash choi at infinitelabs dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP and DNS servers
 Date:  Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:10:19 -0400
One way would be to use the PPTP redirect to a PPTP server on the LAN.

I have m0n0wall running this way. Our PPTP users effectively get
redirected to a W2k server with RRAS running. When they get redirected
to this server, they pickup the internal DHCP settings, which include
out internal DNS servers.

- Don

On 7/7/05, Andy Choi <andy dash choi at infinitelabs dot net> wrote:
> For m0n0wall, I have setup 2 DNS servers with private IPs (192.168.10.11 and 192.168.10.12).
>

> For the Windows VPN client, how do i force windows to use the DNS servers (with private addresses)
from the PPTP connection instead of the WAN link?  Is this even possible?